On the evening of the 19th May 2020 at Windsor & Eton brewery we’ll be holding the inaugural WEHomebrew Champion brewer competition for WEHomebrew members.
This is a large format, public vote, competition the winner to be decided by members of W&E Brewery’s KnightClub. In addition there will be a Brewer’s Choice awarded for the best technical execution of a beer.
The rules and guidelines for the competition are given below. Use the contact form, add a comment below or connect on our facebook group to get any more details or ask any questions.
- There will be a maximum of nine entries in the competition. One from each of the nine boxes as below. Once all boxes have been allocated no more entries will be accepted – there will be a ‘waiting list’ if required to step in if an entrant can no longer compete.
- Entrants can contact the organiser with a descending list of their preference for the box they’d to enter. Boxes will be allocated on a first come first served basis after 12pm on Friday 28th February 2020.
- Aside from % ABV and Colour of the beer all other parameters are the choice of the Brewer. Any style, any ingredients.
- Brewers will be expected to give a short description of their beer to display at the event. no more than one paragraph.
- Brewers will need to commit to providing around 20L (5 gallon) of their entry – it is expected that there will be around 180 KnightClub members attending eligible to vote.
- Beer can be submitted in any format the brewer prefers. There will be provision for gas and a water bath to chill Corny kegs. Logistics for this will be determined nearer the event date.
- Beer samples will be served to KnightClub members as they request them. There’s no mandatory attendance by entrants but we will be looking for volunteers to set up, serve and clear up on the night.
- Each KnightClub member will be given 5 votes in the form of sticky dots. They vote by sticking the dots to a poster featuring details about each of the entries. They can distribute their votes as they see fit.
- At the end of the voting – as decided by the organiser on the night – the votes for each beer will be counted. The beer with the most votes wins.
- The Brewer’s choice will also be awarded by Windsor & Eton Brewery for the beer with the best technical execution.
- Any disputes will be settled by the organiser.